Paysend Alternatives & Competitors You Can Choose From
Paysend was introduced in 2017 to transform how we make international money transfers. It is a UK-based service and app for making easy, fast, and secure card-to-card payments. In other words, with Paysend, you do not need bank details to send money abroad, like when making SEPA or SWIFT transfers.
Despite how satisfying Paysend is to its loyal users, there are still many people who would prefer the services of its competitors. Their most common reasons for switching to other payment apps include cheaper fees, lower exchange rates, faster international transfers, and better customer service. Based on this knowledge, in this article, we will show you the top 10 best alternatives to Paysend.
Top 10 Paysend Alternatives and Competitors
In the global payments industry, Paysend has many competitors. They include a number of fintech startups, neobanks, traditional banks, and other money transfer service providers. This makes it difficult to compare them and choose an alternative that can serve you better. For that reason, we decided to help you by presenting the following 10 best international money transfer service providers to choose from if you no longer like Paysend:
About: Wise is an EMI launched and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom in 2011. It was initially named “TransferWise,” but the company changed its name to “Wise” in 2021 following a strategic decision that enabled it to present itself to its millions of customers as more than a money transfer service. Today, Wise is also a provider of an innovative range of personal and business products, which include IBANs, multicurrency accounts, and investment options (Assets).
Why you should choose Wise:
- Enjoy cheap money transfers at the mid-market exchange rate.
- Send EUR to other countries for small flat fees that depend on your selected currency and transfer method. For example, send EUR via mobile transfer to:
- The United Kingdom (GBP) for 0.47% + 0.46 EUR flat fee.
- The United States (USD) for 0.5% + 0.44 EUR flat fee.
- No hidden fees and no subscription charges.
- Multicurrency account—hold up to 52 currencies.
- Supports money transfer to 70 countries and card payments in 175 countries.
- Customer support in many languages.
About: TransferGo is a fintech company and payment service provider that operates under the supervision of HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) in the United Kingdom. It was established in 2012 to help people send money home and abroad quickly and safely. Through TransferGo’s personal and business accounts, freelancers, digital nomads, entrepreneurs, and business managers are saving time and money on wire transfers and cross-border payments.
Why you should choose TransferGo:
- Earn 22 EUR for every friend you invite to use TransferGo.
- Allows transfers to more than 160 countries.
- Provides multilingual customer support.
- Make your first two transfers without paying any fee.
- Cheap money transfers with fees that vary by country, currencies, and payment methods.
About: WorldRemit is a UK-based cross-border digital payments service. Since its launch in 2010, it has enabled people to financially support those they care about through its flexible, fast, and secure money transfer solution. With over 5.7 million customers across 130 countries, this payment service is one of the best alternatives to Paysend. Besides, it supports a range of payment methods, including mobile money, bank transfer, debit/credit card transactions, and cash pickup, to make sending and receiving money a convenient experience.
Why you should choose WorldRemit:
- You can use the code “3FREE” to make your first three transfers fee-free.
- No hidden fees.
- 24/7 customer support in six languages.
- Low-cost transfers with cheap rates and transparent fees.
- Many cash pickup locations.
About: Xe, which is also known as Xe Money Transfer, is one of the best alternatives to Paysend. It is a Canada-based payment service provider that was established in 1993 and has become a global leader in offering bank-beating money transfer services across the globe. As of December 2022, Xe Money Transfer enables people to send money to more than 130 countries in a fast, easy, and secure way.
Why you should choose Xe:
- Free currency exchange rate alerts.
- Transfers are completed in minutes.
- No hidden fees.
- 24/7 money transfers.
- Supports more than 139 currencies.
About: CurrencyFair is a digital platform and online peer-to-peer money transfer company that was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. It offers foreign exchange and international payment services at cheap rates. Users enjoy the various features of its personal and business products.
Why you should choose CurrencyFair:
- First-class customer support.
- Option to choose your own exchange rate through its peer-to-peer marketplace.
- Email alert notifications of daily, weekly, or custom live exchange rates.
- Multicurrency account to hold and send over 20 currencies.
- Charges an average fee of 0.45% + 3 EUR for money transfer.
About: Starling Bank was created in 2014 in an effort to “fix” banking. It is a UK-based digital challenger bank that provides a wide range of products and services for adults and children. They include personal, joint, business, and multicurrency accounts with innovative solutions, as well as a debit card and a savings app for kids. You can also use it to send money to 37 countries without paying any hidden fees.
Why you should choose Starling Bank:
- Fair and transparent money transfer fees.
- 0.4% currency conversion fee.
- Direct bank-to-bank payments via SWIFT.
- No monthly fees.
- Fully regulated by the FSCS in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent overall service quality.
About: TorFX specialises in supporting people with innovative ways to save time and money on currency transfers. It was created in 2004 in the United Kingdom. You can use this service to enjoy outstanding exchange rates with expert support for money transfers 24/7.
Why you should choose TorFX:
- Get 50 GBP every time you refer a friend to TorFX.
- Fast and easy money transfers for individuals and businesses.
- Multiple award winner in the European international payments market.
- Best customer service with expert insight and personal account management.
About: If you love e-wallets like we do, you ought to know what NETELLER is already. Notwithstanding, the service is an internationally trusted payment solution for individuals and businesses, supporting transactions in fiat money and cryptocurrencies. It has been in active use since 1999, which was the year it was founded in Canada. However, its headquarters is currently in the United Kingdom, following its acquisition by Paysafe Group, a British fintech company and EMI.
When it comes to using the best digital wallets for business, many merchants, including online casino operators and e-commerce sites, choose NETELLER over its competitors because of its unique features. It can be a good choice if you are looking for a crypto-friendly alternative to Paysend.
Why you should choose NETELLER:
- It supports payments in fiat money and cryptocurrencies.
- Zero fees on money transfers to bank accounts abroad.
- Supports many payment methods.
- Allows you to buy and sell crypto at transparent low fees.
About: OFX is a global money transfer service provider that has been in the industry since 2001, although it became a public company in 2013 in Sydney, Australia. It now has more than a million customers across over 170 countries who make international payments in more than 50 currencies.
Why you should choose OFX:
- 24/7 access to currency experts via telephone.
- Supervised by more than 50 regulators worldwide—financially trustworthy.
- Access locked-in exchange rates through its “Buy Now, Transfer Later” offering.
- Option to set recurring transfers to recipients.
- Availability of direct debit and zero fees.
- Transparent pricing with no surprises or hidden fees.
- Real-time tracking of your money transfers worldwide.
- Reliable rate alert notifications via SMS or email.
About: VIALET, which is also known as VIALET.eu, is one of the best providers of powerful tools for money management and cross-border payments. Individuals and e-commerce businesses have been using this service to facilitate their domestic and international money transfers since its creation in Lithuania in 2017.
Why you should choose VIALET:
- Make SEPA and SEPA Instant payments for free.
- Zero monthly fees.
- Free IBAN account.
- Suitable for creating a business bank account in another country.
- Multicurrency payment support.
- Supports fast mass payouts to recipients, including employees, colleagues, friends, and business associates overseas.
- Enables payments to over 200 countries.
Yes, you can trust Paysend. That is because it is secure, fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom, licensed, and provides good customer service overall.
Although Paysend provides money transfer services to its millions of customers in more than 170 countries, the fintech company is based in the United Kingdom. Therefore, it can be said that it is a British global firm.