How To Send Money Online in 2022
If you are planning to send money for the first time, you might be overwhelmed by the number of choices available to send money online. That's why we have created this guide to help you find the best money transfer service for any transactions you would like to make. This AskWallet post will provide you with an overview of the best ways to send money online.
Individuals, corporations, small businesses and freelancers spend a lot of money making purchases, sending money to family, or getting salaries online. Many startup fintech companies and established ones are all fighting for a piece of the remittances pie with such demand. With the introduction of these fintech companies sending money online has never been more accessible. There is enormous competition in the industry, so users can find fast, inexpensive, or even free ways to send money locally and internationally,
These fintech companies have put steps in place to safeguard their users' funds. So, you can rest easy knowing your funds will be secure. The companies offer apps and websites where you can register and get verified in minutes and send money immediately. No more having to wait in line and the bank or meeting in person to exchange cash.
Most of the payment solutions in the fintech industry offer more than just money transfers. They offer credit and debits, competitive exchange rates, IBAN accounts and many more! However, for the sake of this post, we are focusing on ways to send money online. There are several ways you can go about sending money online. Continue reading to learn more about these options, how they work, their advantages and disadvantages, and more!
The Ultimate guide to sending Money Online
Our team of experts here at AskWallet has done rigorous research on the best ways to send money online. The online money transfer industry is flooded with newcomers and established giants promising the best transfer rates and a ton of other incentives. However, can you trust them with your hard-earned money? That's where Askwallet comes in. Using our service, you can read in-depth overviews on different electronic money services and read honest reviews from EMI users across the globe.
Back to the question at hand" How to send money online". As we have stated earlier, there are many ways in which you could send money online. We will break down the different options concerning location (local and international transfers, EEA residents), anonymous transfers, from card to card, and others.
How to send money internationally
According to the Global Digital Remittance Market Size report, the global digital remittance market size is expected to reach USD 42.46 billion by 2028. Gone are the days when international money transfers could only be done at banks. You are more likely to find lower transfer costs using EMIs and get your money delivered faster than using a bank.
With that in mind, we have put together three of the best EMIs for making international money transfers for you to consider.
4.33/5 AskWallet rating
Wise is an EMI that provides its users with the opportunity to send money to over 80 countries quickly and cheaply. Using this money transfer service is very straightforward and provides some of the best exchange rates you'll find anywhere. However, what makes wise number one on our list is the number of ways in which you can transfer funds. Wise allows its user to send money via bank account or credit card. Keep in mind that recipients of the transfer must have a bank account to receive funds from wise.
Registration at Wise is relatively simple, and it has a fee calculator, which makes it easy for users to see fees and rates before sending funds. A comprehensive FAQ section that is well-organized and helpful is available to all users.
For More Context, Read our full Wise Review.
- Quick Deliveries: With Wise, users can expect their transfer via debit or credit card to be delivered in a timely fashion.
- Low Fees: Wise provides one of the lowest transfer fees in the money transfer sphere. It can provide this with a fixed cost to many countries at around $1 and a small percentage of the transfer amount. However, if you're making an international transfer by credit card, the fees will be higher. The best option is either using a bank account or debit card issued.
- Competitive Exchange Rates: Unlike banks and other finance providers, Wise has very competitive exchange rates. The EMI targets the mid-markets to give its users the best exchange rates they can't find anywhere else.
- Transfer Limits And Options: Sending limits to go up to $1 million per transfer if using a wire transfer to pay Wise. You can also pay with a debit card, credit card, Apple Pay, or direct debit (or ACH transfer) from your bank account. Your recipient needs to have a bank account.
Sometimes bank transfers might take a couple of days to be delivered. However, that doesn't mean that the same delivery isn't possible, but sometimes it does take up 3-4 business days.
Upon reaching a certain transfer threshold, the service required additional documentation—failure to comply results in freezing or suspension of the account.
4.10/5 AskWallet rating
OFX is an EMI providing its user money transfer service in over 190 countries on its website and mobile app. OFX brings a plethora of services to the table apart from international money transfers. One of the most significant advantages of using OFX is its low fees when sending any lower than £5,000 and no fees on transfers of £5,000 and more!
On the other hand, OFX isn't the best money transfer service if you need speed. Transfer via OFX might take a few days before it gets delivered. Also, there is a minimum transfer requirement of about $1000, but there is no maximum transfer amount. So, you can send as much as you need to.
To learn more, see our full OFX review
- It's completely free to open an account.
- There's no transaction fee, no matter where in the world you're sending your money.
- You can track your money every step of the way through SMS, email, the app, or the website.
- Transfers are processed quickly.
- Alternatively, you can schedule payments for when you want them.
- The company provides 24/7 customer service, suitable for any work schedule or when there's a problem. Customers can use this service in various countries.
- There is a range of transfer options that help you make the most out of changing exchange rates.
- Did we mention over 55 different currency options? We won't begin to list them, but you name it, they'll most likely cater for it.
- The service is accessible by individuals, professionals, online sellers, and businesses. There are little to few limitations to your transfer requirements.
- OFX is trusted internationally, with offices in Hong Kong, Canada, the USA, New Zealand, Singapore, and the UK.
- You can not use credit cards to make payments overseas.
- Money can only be transferred electronically to other bank accounts, as opposed to physical cash pickup locations.
- There is a minimum transfer.
- There is no option for same-day delivery.
- Customers may be required to speak to a representative over the phone to trade in some particular currencies.
4.40/5 AskWallet Rating
XE is a fast and cost-effective method to send money overseas. However, the firm offers more than just that; it also enables cryptocurrency transactions. The transfers have a small yet competitive price. The money transfer service accepts over 98 currencies and operates in over 130 countries. You can utilize the Xe currency converter API to see how much you'll get in any currency.
- A well-known and dependable brand.
- There are no international money transfer fees,
- There are no international money transfer fees,
- Customer support is easily accessible.
- Individual and business services.
- For smaller, recurring transfers, this is not the cheapest solution.
- They do not take cash or checks as payment.
- On weekends, there is no customer support.
How to send money using a debit card
When it comes to sending money, whether locally or internationally, one of the most popular ways is by debit card. In other to make money transfers using this method, you would need a few vital information:
- Card Number: the 16-digit number that is found on the front of your debit card
- The card's expiry date: This can also be found on the front of your card, below the card number.
- The security number(CVV): this is the 3- digit code printed on the signature strip at the bank of your bank card.
Traditionally, depending on what type of transfers you need to make, you might also have to provide a bank account. In some cases, you might only need the recipient's bank account or for the sender and recipient. Some traditional banks and money transfer services might even ask for your IBAN (International Bank Account) and BIC(Bank identifier Code). These could be easily found in your online banking or by viewing your account details. However, this is a lot of steps to take just to make a transfer locally or internationally.
When sending funds via debit card, all you have to provide is the details of your card and the amount you would like to send, where you will be sending the funds, and in what currency you want the funds delivered.
After hitting send on the page, you would be redirected to your bank security page, where you need to verify your payment. This is a widespread security measure. Usually, your bank would send a six-digit code to your mobile number to verify your identity before sending the funds. Once you put in the code and hit verify, your transfer is processed in a matter of minutes.
How to send money from card to card online
Sending money to someone with a debit card is relatively easy. Many debit cards issued are linked to a bank account where money is taken from when a debit card is used to pay for services online or in-stores. To transfer money from card to card, you will need to fill in the sender's and recipient's card details. However, some money transfer services might also ask for the recipient's bank account.
With this in mind, Check out the finest EMIs for card-to-card transfers for you to consider.
4.00/5 AskWallet Rating
Paysend is a fintech company that provides a bunch of financial services to its users. Some services include cross-border transfers, card-to-card transfers, bank account transfers, and an e-wallet. The Scottish company has seen relative growth recently and is available to its over 1.4 million users in 90+ countries.
What makes Paysend stand out for card to card transfers is its fixed low fee for bank account transfers or cards. This applies to local and international transfers; Paysend also provides its users with mid-market exchange rates that are competitive in the money transfer space.
- Several ways to transfer funds online
- Available in over 90 countries
- Competitive mid-market exchange rates
- Fixed low transfer fees
- Low-cost international transfers
- The verification process takes a few days, which can be inconvenient if you have to make an urgent transfer.
- The occasional hiccups with transfers.
4.00/5 AskWallet Rating
Paypal is one of the most popular money transfer and payment services in the world. The company has been around for so long, and its name is synonymous with success and innovation. Paypal provides many financial services to its users, including transfers from a bank account, debit, and credit cards to recipient debit or credit cards.
However, when sending funds from card to card using PayPal, the funds might take a few days to be delivered. If you want instant transfers, you can use Paypal Instant Transfer for a fee. This is a PayPal feature that provides your transfers instantaneously.
PayPal's app is available for iOS and Android. It only takes a few minutes to download and begin sending money from up to 20 individuals simultaneously.
- PayPal is secure: PayPal encrypts all of its clients' data to the best level feasible. Its servers examine your browser to ensure that you are utilizing the most up-to-date encryption technology.
- A convenient app: the PayPal IOS and Android applications make it simple to shop online and transfer money from anywhere globally at the touch of a screen.
- It is free: one of the main reasons to use PayPal is because it is free. There are no yearly membership fees, processing fees, or service costs, and PayPal users enjoy all of the tremendous benefits connected with the service.
- Reliable: Paypal is a big name in the money transfer industry, and its reputation has been carefully built over years and years of satisfying its customers.
- Excellent Customer Support: Paypal has a very responsive support team ready to help users with any problems. They are available 24/7 every day of the week.
- Verification Process: When you link a bank account to your PayPal account, the PayPal verification method takes a long time, which may be pretty aggravating.
- PayPal provides various services for free and others for a modest fee; nevertheless, fees paid on non-PayPal payments may be prohibitively expensive.
For other card-to-card transfer options, Check out the complete list of EMIs providing cards and card transfers.
How to send money online within the EEA
The EEA region consists of all members of the European Union and Iceland, Norway, and Switzerland. If you are looking to send money to family, friends, or business partners living within the EEA, you might want to take a look at EMIs. Electronic money services provide several ways for you to transfer money to people with the EEA.
Let's look at some of the best options for quick and cost-effective methods to send money to the EEA:
4.57/5 AskWallet Rating
WoldRemit is a cross-border money transfer service that is specialized in transfers abroad, among other services. The e-money services allow its users to send money to 150+ countries while giving you the ability to track your transfer from your account to the recipient. The service provides transfers for cash pickups, e-wallets, bank accounts, and more!
However, we would advise that if you are looking for a service to make large transfers, WorldRemit might not be the best option. Check out our list of money transfer services for other options.
- Quick Registration: Registration at WorldRemit is an easy and straightforward process. From signing up to sending funds could take you only a few minutes.
- Multiple Payment Options: Having several payment options at your beck and call is very useful. WorldRemit lets its users send and receive funds via credit or debit cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards, bank accounts, and more!
- Responsive customer support: the payment service understands the importance of friendly and responsive customer support and has provided several ways to contact support. You can reach support via live chat, telephone, and email. WorldRemit's website also features a comprehensive FAQ section.
- Quick Transfers: Most of the transfers made with WorldRemit will be delivered almost instantly and should reflect in the recipient's account immediately. However, bank transfers and cash pickups might take between 1-2 business days.
- Available in Many countries and Lets users send money in 90+ currencies.
- Transfer limits: With WoldRemit, there is a limit on the amount of money you can send per transfer. However, this is heavily dependent on the payment option you have chosen. So, keep an eye out for the transfer limit, as it may vary based on the recipient's country as well.
- Varying Fees: Fees at WorldRemit also depend on the sender and recipient's respective countries. However, they are usually about $3.99 for most countries. However, keep in mind that it might differ depending on the country combination.
4.00/5 AskWallet Rating
TorFX is a cross-border money transfer service that has low exchange rates with no transfer fees. These are just some of the reasons why over 325,000 users have chosen to send their funds on TorFX. The money transfer service is available in 110+ countries, and users can send funds in over 60 currencies.
If you are looking to send money within the EEA, TorFX is a good choice. It is also a good choice for making large one-time transfers as the fintech company has no maximum transfer amount. However, it has a minimum transfer amount of
The best feature of this service is that it does not charge fees for the services. Its fees are lower than other competitors. However, TorFX has a minimum transfer amount of 200 USD, but they don't have a maximum transfer amount. You should also know that TorFX accepts several payment options, including wire transfers, Sterling nominated debit card (Visa only), or cheques(only in Pounds)
- Improved services for Transferring huge amounts.
- No restrictions on the maximum limit for transfers.
- No transfer costs. No transfer charges.
- Tools for forex.
- Supports more than 60 currencies.
- Users can only make bank-to-bank transfers.
- No support for e-wallet transactions
- Not cost-effective for small amounts (under 2000 USD)
4.00/5 AskWallet Rating
ecoPayz is a prepaid payment provider though popularly used amongst shoppers and online gamblers. One of the services it provides includes a secure and anonymous way to send and receive funds. The e-wallet offers several services to make payments online and in physical stores. The payment system is available in over 110 countries and accepts multiple currencies.
- Free P2P transfers
- A safe and trustworthy e-wallet
- Transactions are instantaneous.
- You don't have the same user data to reopen an account; if it's blocked, it will always be.
How to send money online anonymously
Many users of the internet are aware of the danger of performing financial transactions online. Even the big fintech companies with all the security in the world are still prone to attacks from hacking groups. So, for the person who wants to send funds without having to fill in their financial information. We have got good news for you; there are several ways you could go about sending funds anonymously. We will be taking a look at those methods below:
Prepaid Debit Cards
The likes of ecoPayz, MuchBetter and other prepaid card providers provide their users with an option to send funds online anonymously. How does it work? Well, these cards are not connected to your account as you have to preload them beforehand. This leaves your account details out of the equation.
Cash App is a mobile payments application that allows users to send and receive money anonymously. Using unique usernames known as $Cashtag, you may transfer money using only your username, removing the need for bank account information.
You will be limited to a daily spending restriction of $250 if your identity is not verified. It is also possible to withdraw money or transfer it to another bank account using its debit Visa card.
You may make a money request by inputting someone's email or phone number. Once the request is received, both parties must confirm their banking details before the transfer may take place.
How to create a bank account for a business in the UK
Post by Ibrahim Busari
Transfer Money Without A Bank Account
Post by Ibrahim Busari
How to Wire Money
Post by Ese Precious
How Long do International Bank Transfers Take?
Post by Ese Precious
How to Send Money via Email
Post by Ese Precious