Best Credit Card for FIFA Qatar World Cup 2022
In November 2022, the State of Qatar will be the first Middle East country to host the FIFA World Cup. The event promises to be exciting for football lovers and tourists who would like to seize this opportunity to experience another super edition of the round-leader game.
According to the EGM Head of Retail Banking at Commercial Bank (Doha), Amit Sah, there are many enthusiastic football fans in Qatar, and the country already has extraordinary publicity in respect of the 2022 FIFA World Cup. He said: “Qatar is the home to a large base of passionate football fans and the hype surrounding the upcoming FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 is incredible.”
Are you eager to witness this edition of the World Cup? Are you preparing to travel to Qatar to support your national football team? Do you have plans to watch your favourite players do what they know to do best for their countries? If so, you will find the best credit cards for low-cost spending during the World Cup in Qatar in this article. You can use them for payments and enjoy their special promotions and discounts at hotels, restaurants, car rental outlets, shopping malls, sports equipment stores, and many other places in Qatar.
Qatar National Bank FIFA World Cup 2022 Visa Credit Cards
Qatar National Bank (QNB), which is the largest financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, offers Visa credit cards for the celebration of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. The cards, which are available through its partnership with FIFA’s “Official Payment Service Partner,” Visa, come with many features, benefits, and privileges for the bank’s customers.
According to Heba Al Tamini, the Group General Manager Retail of the bank, QNB hopes to use its FIFA-branded Visa credit cards to increase its emotional connection with all its customers before, during, and after the World Cup. Heba said: “We are proud to play a significant role in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, and we are certain that our customers will cherish the experience of being part of sporting history. Through our strategic partnership with Visa, we will be able to promote our brand at a global level and increase the emotional connection with our customers and community through sports.”
Features and benefits
- Contactless payment technology is enabled on the cards for fast payments.
- The bank offers the “Score with your QNB Visa Credit Card” campaign, which comes with an opportunity to win a package of two tickets (winner + guest) and use them to see the matches from the opening to the final stages of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Terms and conditions
- The cards are available to all QNB customers who are holders of its Visa credit card.
- Cardholders can use the credit cards to make local and international POS transactions, including online and in-person payments.
- The Score with your QNB Visa Credit Card campaign will last from 15th May 2022 to 11th October 2022.
- 50 winners of the tickets will emerge from five raffle draws that will be held during the campaign period.
- The dates of the raffle draw are 19th June (Draw 1), 18th July (Draw 2), 18th August (Draw 3), 15th September (Draw 4), and 13th October (Draw 5), all in 2022.
- Winners will be contacted via the official communication channels of QNB.
- Reward packages are given according to the customer’s minimum cumulative spend, from 10,000 to 100,000 Qatari Riyals (QAR):
- Minimum cumulative limit for the 2022 World Cup Group Stage packages: QAR 10,000 in a month.
- Minimum cumulative limit for the 2022 World Cup Quarterfinal Stage packages: QAR 25,000 in a month.
- Minimum cumulative limit for the 2022 World Cup Semifinal Stage packages: QAR 50,000 in a month.
- Minimum cumulative limit for the 2022 World Cup Final Match packages: QAR 100,000 in a month.
- FIFA World Cup 2022 match tickets won in this campaign cannot be refunded, transferred, or exchanged for cash.
Commercial Bank Visa FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Credit Card
One of the best options for a convenient and rewarding payment experience in Qatar is the Commercial Bank Visa FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Credit Card. The Commercial Bank of Qatar (CBQ) is one of the best private banks in the country. It is offering this special product in partnership with Visa.
Speaking about the card, the AGM Head of Cards and Payments at the CBQ, Roya Khajeh, said that the company is excited to be partnering with Visa to provide this credit card as a reliable and attractive payment solution for fans of football and the World Cup. Roya said: “We are delighted to be joining Visa as part of this historic and momentous event by offering our valuable customers a special edition Visa card to enrich their upcoming FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 experience.”
Features and benefits
- Several match-viewing opportunities.
- Comes in three types – VIP (for invited customers), Premium (for existing Commercial Bank of Qatar credit card holders), and Youth (for Commercial Bank of Qatar credit card holders who are not above the age of 25).
- VIP cardholders will get 2x reward points on their daily expenses.
- Premium and Youth cardholders will receive 2% cashback on their daily expenses.
- Contactless-enabled for fast in-store payments using tap-to-pay technology.
- Discounts at participating hotels, malls, restaurants, coffee shops, and retail stores for sports equipment.
- Old customers can link the FIFA World Cup credit card to their existing card accounts.
Terms and conditions
- The card is not available for free: the variants cost from 50 to 150 QAR.
- Download the CBQ Mobile App and use it to apply for the card.
- The Card is valid for only one year.
- It is not possible to renew the card after its expiration.
Doha Bank Special Edition FIFA World Cup Credit Cards
Doha Bank is a leading private commercial bank in Qatar. In respect of the upcoming 2022 FIFA World Cup, the financial giant is ready to help football lovers enjoy complimentary access to airport lounges, experience Doha Miles on their card spends, and other benefits. In view of that, and in partnership with Visa, Doha Bank released its Special Edition FIFA World Cup Credit Cards.
Features and benefits
- Visa Infinite, Visa Signature, and Visa Platinum credit cards with special benefits.
- Airport lounge access: a Doha Bank Infinite Visa cardholder can have free and unrestricted admission to 1,000 exclusive lounges worldwide with the Visa Lounge Key.
- Experience Doha Miles for the most memorable flight or holiday.
- A Doha Bank Visa cardholder can earn more Doha Miles (Infinite-33%; Signature-25%; Platinum-16% more) when using their card for travel, lodging, dining out, and other international purchases than they would while using their card domestically. They get one Doha Mile for every QAR 3 spent abroad.
- One of a total of 65 tickets to matches at different stages of the FIFA World Cup are available for every user of these special credit cards.
- There will be one ticket and merchandise for every winner.
- Each Ticket package will include the following accessories:
- Tech pouch.
- Noise cancelling headphones.
- Rolltop backpack.
- Stainless steel water bottle.
Terms and conditions
- Application for the Doha Bank credit cards for the World Cup 2022 in Qatar opened on 1st June 2022 and will close on 31st August 2022.
- The lucky draw campaign for the Tickets is open to all new and existing customers.
- Qualification for entrance into the lucky draw for the tickets is based on a customer’s expenditure.
- The cardholders will stand a chance to enter the draw for every 500 QAR spent on eCommerce or international retail.
- The Standalone Category-2 Tickets are as follows:
- Opening Match – 10 winners.
- Group Stage Match – 15 winners for Skybox Tickets.
- Round of 16 – 10 winners.
- Quarter Final Matches – 10 winners.
- Final Match – 20 winners.
- Winners will be notified through a phone call from Doha Bank.
- Local and international ATM cash withdrawals are not included in this promotion.
- No more than one match ticket can be won by a customer.
- Match tickets will not be awarded to holders of closed, blocked, or cancelled cards.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged.
Cards for a Better Travel Experience
Not every soccer fan would open a new credit card, especially in Qatar. However, many payment systems and non-banks will make life easier for tourists, offering favourable currency exchange or transfers with minimal commissions. Below, you'll find a list of the most attractive ones with the main perks
Wise (Formerly TransferWise)
Wise offers a multi-currency debit card that is linked to their Borderless Account. Wise users can convert their currency at market value and avoid paying too much. The payment system accepts over 50 different currencies and offers competitive exchange rates.
Users can order a prepaid debit card with their borderless account for a one-time fee of 5 EUR. With Wise, you can watch all of your high fees on exchange rates and ATM withdrawals vanish. You can send money internationally in different currencies without fear of incurring bank-breaking fees. More information on the company's fees can be found here. MasterCard, which is accepted in over 210 countries, backs the card.
Wise travel Cards are available for users in Switzerland, the USA, Canada, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, and other EU countries.
Wise Card Features
- You can sync your card with Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
- You can withdraw money from ATMs for free up to £200/$250. Following that, an ATM fee of 1.75 percent will be imposed.
- Because they are powered by MasterCard, they are accepted in a wide range of locations.
- International Bank Account Number.
- Currency conversion rates are low (typically between 0.35-1 percent, plus a small fixed fee.)
- Over 50 currencies are available for loading onto your card.
- There is a mobile app available for both Android and iOS users.
- If your card is stolen or lost, you can freeze it directly from the mobile app or website.
Wise Reward and miles
Unfortunately, Wise doesn't provide a reward for new users anymore. We are unable to find a miles program on the company's website.
Because of the reasons we will discuss now, many travelers consider Revolut to be the best travel credit card. Revolut has altered the game by offering accounts that are linked to a contactless prepaid debit card. The mobile app allows you to easily access your current account and make transfers from your bank account to the card.
Revolut has distinguished itself from the competition by providing a secure and convenient travel card. Transferring money abroad is simple and inexpensive once your Revolut account is loaded. Not to mention that users receive real-time exchange rates that reflect the market. On weekends, however, the exchange rates are slightly higher.
The great thing about Revolut is that it's not only for travelers; businesses and freelancers can take advantage of low fees as well.
Revolut Travel Card Features
- Standard, premium, and metal subscription accounts would cost $0, $6.99, and $12.99, respectively.
- With a Revolut card, you can spend over 150 different currencies while traveling.
- You can also get medical travel insurance for as little as £1.00 per day.
- Get a weekly breakdown of your spending habits.
- Set monthly spending limits to gain control of your spending.
- Earn a high rate of return on your savings.
- Earn points when you use your Revolut card anywhere.
- The free withdrawal cap of €200 per month is extremely appealing to long-term travelers (in the Free Plan). If the monthly limit is exceeded, a flat 2% charge is imposed.
- You can exchange cryptocurrency for fiat currencies using Revolut.
Revolut Rewards And Miles
Revolut provides several cashback schemes and rewards to its users on every level, whether free or premium users. On Revolut's website, we could find cashback of up to 10% on travel, 30% on restaurants, 10% on entertainment, and 15% on groceries & Shopping.
However, we couldn't find any information on Revolut's official website if the company provides miles as rewards for traveling.
This mobile bank was the first to launch in Europe, making it a market pioneer in the EU. N26 provides its users with a Mastercard debit card. The company provides extremely competitive real-time exchange rates. You can quickly create an account and begin using it to make a transfer as soon as possible. Another advantage is that you can order the card online and have it delivered to you. The only criticism we have for N26 is that it is only available in a few countries, namely the EU and the US.
N26 Travel card Features
- A user-friendly and up-to-date banking app
- A Mastercard debit card with minimal to no fees
- Subscription fees are divided into three levels, with a free version included in each.
- ATM withdrawal fees are low, and if you have an N26 metal subscription, you can withdraw money in Euros for free.
- With the mobile bank, you can use overdraft and obtain a line of credit.
- Wise collaborates with it to provide its users with real-time currency exchange.
- Enjoy low insurance rates (medical, luggage, and flight delay compensation, among other things!)
- Google Pay and Apple Pay are both accepted.
N26 Rewards and Miles
N26 has a long list of offers and discounts available to its users, including a lucrative referral program. The mobile bank has partners with some big names to bring its users extraordinary deals. The partnership includes Adidas, Udemy, Yoox, and booking.com. Travelers can get up to 20% off their hotel selection when using N26 cards at booking.com. However, we weren't able to find any information about the company offering miles as a reward on its website.
This is another mobile bank, like N26, that offers travelers a Mastercard-enabled debit card. The card allows you to make payments anywhere without incurring additional fees. Monzo offers its customers real-time mid-market exchange rates. Because the FCA regulates the company, you can be confident that your money will be safe with this mobile bank. The only drawback to Monzo is that it is only available in the United Kingdom. However, the company has stated that it plans to expand its reach shortly.
Monzo travel card Features
- Free ATM withdrawals in the EEA, while in other countries, you can withdraw £200 for free every 30 days. After that, a 3% fee is added.
- Mid-market currency exchange with no hidden fees
- Pay online and in-store anywhere MasterCard is taken, which is in many places.
- Monzo also has a joint account feature if you are traveling with a partner.
- Real-time travel reports on your expenses in a new country and the current exchange rate in the country.
- Provide excellent interest rate on savings
- Allows for overdraft and loans to help you in time of need
Monzo Rewards and Miles
Monzo provides a cashback program for its users. However, there is no miles program for travellers with a Monzo card.
Monese claims to be the ultimate travel card you'll need, but the features it provides aren't as great as some of the ones mentioned above. Nonetheless, the Monese card provides users with mid-market exchange rates and low ATM withdrawal fees. However, much like other travel debit cards, its available only to UK and EU residents,
Monese Travel Card Features
- You will have access to free Cash withdrawals worldwide up to €200/£200 a month.
- You may also create a dual currency account (EUR or GBP)
- Oversee your travel budget more effectively with the Monese app's real-time visual depiction of spending patterns.
- Direct debits for monthly spending can be easily set up and stopped.
- There is no charge for topping up with another bank card (within the monthly limit, which differs across its three plans)
Monese Card Rewards and Miles
Monese offers a lucrative referral program where users could benefit. The company also has partnerships with some big names like Paypal and Avios. However, no mention of miles for travellers anywhere on Monese's website.
Enjoy the Football
The 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar is rated as the most expensive edition ever due to the high spendings of the host country on infrastructure projects. While the government is putting a lot of resources into making the experience fun and lively for fans, some leading banks have launched special credit cards in partnership with Visa. Through the cards, they are offering attractive features and benefits that can help you experience a memorable world cup in Qatar. As you prepare to get a copy of the cards from any of the issuing banks, we strongly recommend that you learn about the common mistakes to avoid while opening a credit card.